Deciding the Waterfall Flow Rate
The waterfall flow rate is how much water is flowing over a waterfall or sream to acheive the desired affect. The more water that flows over the waterfall the louder the sound of running water will be.
- Light Flow = 100 gallons per hour (gph) per inch of spillway
- Medium Flow = 150 gph per inch of spillway
- High Flow = 200 gph per inch of spillway
Width of Spillway x Desired Flow Rate = Total GPH
EXAMPLE: You want your waterfall to have a 24" spillway
- Light Flow = 24" Spillway x 100 gph = 2,400 gph
- Medium Flow = 24"Spillway x 150 gph = 3,600 gph
- Heavy Flow = 24" Spillway x 200 gph = 4,800 gph
You will need a pump that will be able to pump this much water at the height of the waterfall after it overcomes the head pressure.