Many items, due to size or weight, must be shipped freight. Freight carriers use a combination of product weight, product dimensions, as well as, destination location to determine the freight costs. At Best-Planet LLC, we provide an estimate of the freight costs at checkout. This is an estimate only and you will be billed if there are additional freight charges that are imposed.
Items that must ship freight will be denoted on the product information page in bold letters. Please make sure you completely understand the requirements for freight shipping as there are several fees that you could be charged. These fees are shown below.
A minimum freight cost of $150 is applied to the initial order. Persons capable of unloading a freight shipment must be present to unload and inspect the delivery upon receipt. Some of these additional freight charges that could be imposed are as follows:
- $40 - Re-delivery fees. You must be present to sign and unload your freight package. If you are not, this re-delivery fee will be imposed for each subsequent delivery attempt. You should also inspect your item before accepting it.
- $40 - Appointment by delivery. You must be present to sign and unload your freight package. You might choose this option to assure delivery at a time convenient for you.
- $40 - Residential deliveries. Because of the difficulty for trucks to access housing additions, this fee is applied to all residential addresses. A residential address is defined as an address without a loading dock. You will be prompted to add this residential fee at checkout. See picture below for an example. The red arrow indicates where you will choose between residential delivery or commercial delivery. Remember, all address are residential unless there is a loading dock.
- $40 - Lift gate fee. If you require a truck with a lift gate, this fee will be imposed. The customer is responsible for unloading their product from the truck.
- $150 - Driver assist fee. If you require the driver to assist in unloading your shipment, there is a minimum $150 charge from the carrier.
There will be an option to add any of these fees while located on the product page. These options will be located at the bottom of each product page. Simply click on the link that will take you to the correct page to order that specific freight charge. The residential/commercial delivery charge is available at checkout.
Please be aware that we, at Best-Planet LLC, do not charge any handling or shipping fees nor do we profit from the above handling or shipping fees. These fees are determined solely by the freight carrier.
For a more detailed quote, feel free to call us at 317-800-1221 or email us at email@example.com.
Links for additional freight charges can be seen directly below:
The above example shows an item that requires freight shipping. The check boxes are designed to assist you in assessing some of the fees associated with freight shipping. They are as follows:
- Shipping Address- Residential/Commercial- If the item is being shipped to a residence, then assure that Residential is checked. Residential address is denoted as an address without a loading dock.
- Call for Appointment- Someone must be home to sign for the freight delivery. More fees will be added if re-delivery is required. To assure that the delivery is at a convenient time for you, select this method.
- Lift-Gate- The customer must unload their own packaging from the truck. If you require assistance from the driver, additional fees will be added. If you need this service to assist you in unloading the freight, select this method.
At Best-Planet LLC, we provide an estimate of the freight costs at checkout. This is an estimate only and you will be billed if there are additional freight charges that are imposed after delivery is in process or if inaccurate information is provided at check-out.