For Non-Stop Blooming of Hardy and Tropical Aquatic Plants!
- Continuous-release tablet formula contains essential nutrients and trace elements
- Iron for lush, green growth
- Contains boron to promote flower formation
- Keeps water lilies blooming all season long
- Promotes beautiful foliage
- Benefits bog and marginal plants
Purpose And Benefits:
Aquatic Plant Food Tablets are continuous-release plant food tablets specially formulated for aquatic plants such as water lilies, lotus, and iris. To produce flowers and develop beautiful foliage, aquatic plants need a continuous supply of nutrients. Aquatic Plant Food tablets contain macronutrients and essential trace elements. This steady supply of nutrients keeps plants producing lush foliage and colorful blooms all season long.
Nearly all aquatic plants obtain nutrients through their roots. Nutrients are absorbed from the soil by the roots and translocated to the rest of the plant. Water gardeners buy plants “potted up” or use heavy clay soil. The nutrient content of the soil, however, is unknown. Aquatic plants will not grow well unless all of the necessary nutrients are available. If the manganese level is low, new growth will appear yellowish. A lack of calcium slows growth and increases the plant’s susceptibility to fungal and bacterial diseases. Water lilies, for example, are heavy feeders and must have a constant supply of nutrients for vigorous growth, flowering, and winter hardiness.
Aquatic Plant Food Tablets are designed to be placed directly into the soil of potted plants. The tablets contain major nutrients (nitrogen, phosphorous, potassium, sulfur, calcium, and magnesium) as well as the essential trace elements iron, manganese, zinc, boron, and copper. This unique formula insures that your pond plants keep blooming all season long.
Directions For Use:
1. Start feeding in the spring when the water temperature reaches 50ºF (10ºC). Feed plants once a month until the water temperature reaches 70ºF (21ºC), then feed twice a month. Stop using Aquatic Plant Food Tablets when the water temperature drops below 60ºF (15ºC) in the fall.
2. Use one tablet for every gallon of soil. Push the tablet(s) into the soil, 3 inches from the crown of the plant and 3 to 6 inches deep into the soil.
Aquatic Plant Food Tablets can be used in ponds and water gardens containing fish and plants. Aquatic Plant Food Tablets are compatible with all potted aquatic plants.