Matala Air Discs are available in a 9 inch or 12 inch diameter and are designed for the wastewater treatment industry to very high standards. The air pore size in the rubber membrane is designed to give a medium size bubble which will not put any significant back pressure on the system. In fact this special air disc only adds less than 4 inches of water depth back pressure. The 3/4" male thread makes it easy to attach to your feed line.
The 9 inch disc is capable of safely handling air flows of 25 lpm to 120 lpm. Ideal 60-80 lpm recommended.
The 12 inch disc is capable of safely handling air flows of 25 lpm to 200 lpm. Ideal 120-160 lpm recommended.
The disc is very low maintenance and in some cases NO maintenance. Simply wash the disc with clean water and bleach if it ever needs cleaning. We have some of these air discs in systems now for over 10 years without trouble or maintenance.
Membrane Disc Features:
- High quality EPDM membrane with highly durable base constructed of molded polypropylene
- The lowest back pressure membrane diffuser on the market
- Precision perforated I-shaped slits open when airflow is present and close wehn airflow is stopped. In this way slits resist tearing, and stay cleaner longer
- A standard 3/4" PT pipe thread allows convenient connection
- Stainless steel 304 clamping ring holds the membrane firmly in place
- Triple O-rings support the center of the membrane when airflow is absent.
Diffuser Air Bases